We are excited to announce that we are looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to our existing team. Reporting to: Sous Chef & Head Chef
Set within 10 acres of beautiful private lawns and woodland, the privately owned Southcrest Manor Hotel, Redditch is conveniently located 4 minutes' drive from Redditch town centre and 20 minutes' drive from Birmingham Airport yet offers a truly peaceful, rural setting in the heart of Worcestershire.
The former manor house boasts 63 stylish and spacious bedrooms, Oscar’s Restaurant and Conservatory Bar, The Manor Health & Beauty Club offering a range of spa treatments, a fully equipped gymnasium, Swedish & Infrared sauna’s’ and an outdoor hot tub, conference, banqueting and wedding facilities along with free parking and free WiFi.Due to continued success, we are looking for exciting, confident, positive and pro-active people to join our experienced and dedicated team!
- To supervise junior Chefs on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the South Crest Manor Hotel, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas of “Due Diligence” as laid out by management in the South Crest Manor Hotel Health & Safety HACCP and Food Safety Hazard Analysis Training Documents.
- To also demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our Customers.
- To understand and be aware at all times of food costs and percentages and understand how daily departmental costs influence profit and loss results.
- To monitor stock movement, to ensure stock security.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To assist with the provision of training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures.
- To ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel
- To work with the Sous Chef to ensure the mis en place is completed.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef/Senior Sous immediately.
- To comply with all South Crest Manor Hotel policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed.
- To take control and lead the kitchen in Head Chef/Senior Sous Chefs absence including food ordering/HACCP documentation/Kitchen hygiene.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
Excellent Pay & Benefits Package:
- 28 days paid holidays
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Preferential accommodation rates for yourself, friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Health & Beauty Club discounts
- Hotel discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time
Please state in your cover letter the answer to the following question:
- How many years of Chef Experience do you have?